Baby Sunny

Baby Sunny
Yeah, I know I'm cute

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Hi.

Hello there.  My name is Susan, and I've decided to start this blog and to focus on the Chihuahua breed of dogs.  I often go through the ads of various online sites, and I notice how there are so many Chihuahuas up for adoption by pet rescues or individual owners.  And amongst these ads are also a ton of "missing" or "lost" Chihuahua ads, so I am hoping that while I share my dogs' pictures and stories, that maybe even one person will learn a little more about the breed, and maybe it could possibly prevent one of these little guys from going to the pound or being unwanted or even getting lost.  I am no dog expert.  All I know is I love this breed, and I will share my experience.

I own five Chihuahuas and an English Mastiff...lol.  I've decided to focus mostly on my youngest wawa (short for Chihuahua) because he is by far the most entertaining of the bunch.  As you can see from the title of this blog, his name is Sunny.....well, his full name is Sunny Boy, but we just call him Sunny.  Sunny is about two years old now.  When we got him, we were told that he was eight weeks old.  The vet told us that same day, and she estimated that he was more like six weeks old.

It was the Sunday after Mother's Day, and my husband and I were on our way to the swap meet that is held every weekend in Spring Valley, CA.  It is basically a flea market.  As we approached the swap meet, we drove down the road which runs into the swap meet parking lot. On the side of the road was a man holding up this little white ball of fur....it was Sunny.  Now, I had been wanting to get another wawa puppy, but the husband wasn't too keen on it, so I wasn't about to bring an animal into the home unless everyone was okay with it.  Well, Desi (the husband) saw the man holding Sunny up, and he just drove right over to him and stopped.  I was quite surprised and excited.  I thought to myself, "Oh, boy, we're gonna get a wawa!!!"  lol

This guy had Sunny in his hand and two more puppies in a cloth bag he was wearing.  I wasn't too happy about toting puppies around in a bag, but we agreed on a price, and Sunny was ours.  I would have loved to get his siblings, but we just couldn't do it.  I know that there has been a crackdown on people selling puppies on the side of the road in my area, but my husband was for some reason compelled to stop, and I believe it was meant to be.  I now have this beautiful little dog, four pounds of personality and boundless love and entertainment that goes on for hours....lol.  Yeah, it was meant to be.  I wouldn't recommend people get their pets the way we got Sunny, but I'm also not going to lecture anyone about how they should go about finding a pet.  We all know that rescues are the best places to start your search, and reputable breeders are a great choice as well.

The very first thing we did right then and there was turn the truck around and take Sunny to the veterinarian.  The vet told us he was in excellent health.  We had been told he was eight weeks old, but the vet said he was closer to six weeks, as I stated previously.  I agreed with her.  I mean, Sunny could barely walk without falling over.  He was more like crawling than walking.  I was happy he was so healthy...still too young for his shots, but we just returned a few weeks later and got the shots then.  It is very important to get your new wawa or any pet to the veterinarian as quickly as possible.  You want to give your pet the best chance at a long, healthy life.  These baby Chihuahuas are so incredibly tiny, and as such they are very delicate.  Extra care must be taken with them or any other tiny breed of dog.


Well, there it is, my first post in my first blog ever.  I will write more soon, but before I go, I want share some information.  Like I said earlier, I am not a professional when it comes to Chihuahuas...I just love them..lol.  I am posting a link below that leads to a wonderful handbook on Chihuahuas and how to care for them.  It includes everything you would ever want to know about the breed.  It's a great tool if you're thinking of bringing home a new puppy or even if you already have a wawa or two or three......lol.  Arm yourself with knowledge..it's never too late to learn.  Oh, and you may have to copy and paste the link. You can also click on the pictures of Sunny on this page, and that will lead you to the handbook. It is some of the best Chihuahua information I have come across on the internet.  I am still learning how to get everything up and running properly, so please bear with me.  Here's the link..till next time, take care  :)

http://b03b6q0dh8fzcr68r8jii4v77s.hop.clickbank.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment